It’s important for students abide by our liberal dress code policy for the following reasons:
• A neat and tidy appearance sets an attitude of attentiveness and respect for students, teacher, and the art of dance.
• Teachers must be able to see the dancer's body outline clearly in order to make proper corrections on posture, alignment, etc.
• Hair must be properly secured and tied up off of the face and neck for all styles of dance.
• Jewelry must not be loose or dangling.
• Gum chewing is not allowed due to danger of choking, appearance, and to protect others and the dance floors.
• No loose fitting pants, pajamas, blue jeans or t-shirts (they are not dance attire).
• No costumes are allowed in class unless a dress up day is announced by the individual teacher.
To be a dancer in this art, you must feel the part!